Isn’t It Time We Banned Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Trevor Butterworth

Dihydrogen monoxide is a persistent environmental chemical, it’s present in most of the food we eat, and absorbing too much of it can cause hyponatremia, a condition where cells lose their salt content, which is associated with congestive heart failure, liver failure, renal failure as well as brain edema (swelling). Acute hyponatremia, which happens when the serum salt level is less than 105 mEq/L, has a mortality rate over 50 percent.

As Joe Schwarcz, director of McGill University’s Office for Science and Society, observes in the Montreal Gazette:

“This liquid chemical is critical to the multiplication of cancer cells, promotes bacterial growth, can be lethal when inspired into the lungs and solubilizes a host of toxins, increasing their absorption into the body… This chemical has caused untold misery. It should be banned.”

Read more to find out why regulators have done nothing to warn the public about this dangerous chemical.

About these ads

2 Responses to Isn’t It Time We Banned Dihydrogen Monoxide?

  1. [...] the excellent blog on the excellent site stats.org comes this plea for greater public safety from our ever-vigilant [...]

  2. ELLO says:

    Di(2)Hydorgen Mon(1)Oxide
    Simply put H20 or water

    next time get facts before yo areoverworied about something

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 35 other followers